Origin is a popular digital distribution platform, which was created by EA, for the purpose of buying and playing games. Users use it to get their favorite games. However, sometimes the download speed is extremely slow on Origin. Here is how you can fix the issue.
Reboot the Router
Follow the steps given below:
- Temporarily detach each device that you don’t require for the network.
- Make sure that the modem and router are detached.
- You have to wait for 30 seconds, which will allow the router to cool down then notify the IPS and system.
- Then connect the modem again and wait for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- You should plug the router again and wait for a minimum of 2 minutes, which will provide the router time to reboot.
Download Origin on Safe Mode
Running your system in the safe mode can help you fix the issue. Here are some steps to follow:
- Go to the Windows Search section on your system.
- After that, input ‘system configuration’ into it and hit the Enter key to invoke the System Configuration application.
- Navigate to the Boot section and mark the Safe boot box.
- You should select the OK and Apply button to apply the changes.
- Now, reboot the system and reach into the Safe mode.
- Finally, you should attempt to download Origin.
Run a Clean Boot
As we know, program conflicts could lead to Origin’s slow download speed. Hence, you should run a clean boot. The clean boot will start your OS with a minimal set of drivers and startup apps. It can be helpful in troubleshooting various issues.click
Upgrade the Hard Drive
Here are the crucial steps that you can follow:
- You have to attach the new drive to the system and perform the program to reach its primary interface.
- After that, select the feature of Cop Disk on the left side panel.
- Go to the prepared drive and choose the Next option.
- Later, choose the copy process based on the requirements then choose the Next button to continue.
- Now, select the Finish button in the prompt screen to verify.
- Finally, you should click on the Apply button to perform the operation.
James Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.